EuroShop 2020: More than a Trade Fair
EuroShop is the world’s largest retail trade fair dating back to the 1960s. This year’s event takes place on 16 to 20 February in Düsseldorf, Germany. Sescom is one of the exhibitors. Boasting a history of 54 years, this event is a must-attend! The number of visitors is growing year by year, with over 605,000 people interested in retail flocking to the Messe Düsseldorf exhibition halls in the last decade. This is as if the population of North Rhine-Westphalia’s capital swelled by more than 100% for a couple of days!
The growth and massive scale of EuroShop are an effect of the fast-paced and ever-changing retail landscape, be it marketing, technology, visual merchandising or energy management. This is a unique opportunity to gain a better insight into the industry and make valuable contacts. Hence our decision to be part of the event already for the second time and now it is time for you to choose if you want to make an appearance too as it has a number of benefits.
EuroShop 2020: Exhibitors
As soon as February, the Messe Düsseldorf halls will see stands of over 2,500 exhibitors grouped by the hosts into eight different dimensions:
- Retail Marketing: the right place for marketers looking to learn more about the latest advertising methods and formats used in the retail industry.
- Expo & Event Marketing: a place to see innovative formats that set the trends for events and exhibitions.
- Retail Technology: AR, VR, AI or IoT may sound like gibberish, but these are technologies that are now disrupting the retail market. The Retail Technology Dimension is thus where you will find companies like Sescom, who understand how important interactions between customers and brands and knowledge are and who realise that shopping and customer relations are now a full-scale high-tech experience.
- Lighting: lighting can change the look and feel of any retail facility. Exhibitors in this dimension will include several companies from Asia, in addition to those based in Europe.
- Visual Merchandising: it is widely acknowledged that merchandise display is a factor in shopping decisions. Solutions presented at the trade fair can provide an inspiration for an effective visual merchandising execution. Shop Fitting & Store Design: a well-designed showroom is not only pleasing to the customer’s eye but also offers a way to boost sales. Check out the trends in store design and discover accessories to make shoppers flock to your brick-and-mortar store.
- Food Service Equipment: grills, dishwashers or other equipment are now must-haves at both dining places and supermarkets, for instance, to fit out increasingly common in-store bakeries. These solutions are also suitable for the food service industry.
- Refrigeration & Energy Management: this dimension will be especially helpful for food retailers, for whom product freshness is as vital as visual appeal.
By its scale, Messe Düsseldorf is more of a small town.
A map is thus essential to get you around this vast area. Take a look at our digital map today and navigate with ease.
Our Sescom booth can be visited in the Blue Zone, or Retail Technology, or more precisely in Hall 7, stand B01. An interactive map showing our location can be found here.
Explore the Culture and Landmarks
Düsseldorf is the capital of one of the German states, namely North Rhine-Westphalia. The city’s population is 600,000. Apparently an industrial empire, the city also has striking historical landmarks such as the pre-industrial 16th-century City Hall, located near the Old Town, or the even older St. Lambertus Church, or the hunting palace known as Schloss Jägerhof, now housing the Goethe Museum devoted to the writer Johann Wolfgang Goethe. Modern architecture is also well represented, for instance, by The New Zollhof designed by one of the most acclaimed American architects, Frank O. Gehry. Stunningly shaped and functional, the building is located just on the bank of the Rhine between the port and the Rheinturm telecommunications tower.
Speaking of museums, there are others worth a mention. Cinema lovers will likely be attracted to the Film Museum while enthusiasts of beautifully landscaped green areas will want to head to the Benrath Palace, which houses the Museum for European Garden Art and the Museum of Natural History. If you are interested in new art forms, make sure to visit the famous Museum of Modern Art.
German Capital of Fashion
Retail is something that we know inside out. It includes the world’s best shopping location i.e. Konigsallee, which is a must on the bucket list. This two-sided avenue with a stretch of water running in the middle is No. 1 for shopping. Besides, Düsseldorf is Germany’s definite capital of fashion. Home to over 800 showrooms of designers from around the globe, the city is a venue of multiple fashion trade shows, including for premium brands.
City of Business
At Sescom Innovation Lab, we provide support to start-ups. We are on the lookout for technologies to leverage for our own business and that of our customers. We act as mentors in business. And Düsseldorf is a hub bringing together investors from all continents. Conveniently located, the city creates a thriving environment for start-ups, which can draw on the potential of the Rhein and Ruhr area. This is a city of digital transformation and one of the technology centres of Europe. It can also boast many eco-friendly solutions such as ‘green’ lanes dedicated to electric- and hybrid-powered vehicle traffic.
Your appearance at the trade fair will be an opportunity to learn about the latest developments in the industry and engage in networking but also to explore a major European city location. EuroShop 2020 runs between 16 and 20 February 2020. Tickets for the event are still available. Come and visit us at stand B01, Hall 7. The easiest way to get there is from Entrance North/Eingang Nord situated near Beckbuschstraße & Heinz-Ingenstau-Straße close to the S-Bahn Merkur Spiel-Arena/Messe Nord stop. The entrance is a short walk away from the U-Bahnhof Sportpark Nord/Europaplatz stop.